Saturday, August 16, 2014

Hong Kong 12 - 17 Jun 2014 (Day 5 & 6)

#throwback #june2014 #travel #holiday #hongkong #lastminutes  #flyalone

Hong Kong 12 - 17 Jun 2014
DAY 5 (16 Jun)


Check out day 
Did my check-out at my hotel then went over to the guesthouse. We took bus (Cityflyer) to the Airport since the bus stop is just opposite where my Aunty stays. If we take the train (MTR) we will need to make a transit.

Best Western Grand Hotel -
 Goodbye bed, remote control and bath tub!


My Aunty and friend check-in at the airport counter before accompany me to check-in to mine - Regal Airport Hotel. 

Room card for Regal Airport Hotel

Room view 1

Room view 2

OMG!!!
My room was damn huge. The TV is huge, bed is so comfortable, a coffee machine (capsule type), bath tub (my bubble bath), working desk and a iPod dock.




I can see the pool area!



Settled everything and went for lunch at the airport before sending my Aunty and friend to the departure hall. 



Me time

Initially, planning to watch a movie at the Cinema at the airport but then I was thinking maybe I can travel out of airport to the nearest shopping mall that I haven’t been to before - Olympian City 奥海城.

Also, I can drop by Tim Ho Wan (one Michelin star restaurant) to try their famous dim sum. (Signature dishes include baked bbq pork bun with a crispy crust, cheung fan and Malay sponge cake) Previous visit to Hong Kong, I purposely make a visit to Tim Ho Wan (Mongkok outlet) which at that time they shifted to Olympian City.

Took the Airport Express Train to Lai King Station 荔景 (transit) to Olympic Station 奥运, then I realise I can walk to Mongkok area 旺角 from Olympian City 奥海城.


Having some trouble finding the unit as Olympian City have different section, did a google search on the unit location and finally found it (The main entrance is not inside the mall)


Actually I wanted to pack back to my hotel room to enjoy
but since the place was not crowded, I took a seat and order in. 

Greedy order 3 dishes which I couldn’t finished
and had to pack the leftover.


View from my room window - Sunset.

I decided to take a short nap. The bed is so comfortable but sadly I don’t get to enjoy to the fullness as my flight is at 6+am next morning.

By the time I was “awake”, the sky grew dark. Although I not that hungry (had my tea break at 3pm), I still went out to grab some dinner.

My hotel literally next to the airport. There is a 
overhead bridge connector from the hotel 
to the departure hall. Very convenient. 

Decided to packed my dinner back to my hotel room,
really have no idea of what to eat. In the end, 
I bought Mcdonald. (The counter staff at Mcdonald
even ask me whether am I the airport staff? Haha)

Rice meal from Mcdonald and the rice reminds me
of the in-flight meal. Lucky I still have the leftover
from Tim Ho Wah (Bbq pork bun)


Working on some last min project while on holiday…
So glad for the working desk in my room.


Took my last bubble bath in the tub!
Chilled, relax and get some sleep.



Hong Kong 12 - 17 Jun 2014
DAY 6 (17 Jun)


Alarm woke me up at 4am. Took a bath, have a quick breakfast, watched some TV, packed up and get ready to check-out of my hotel at 5am. 
Goodbye… spacious room, comfort bed, bath tub, huge TV…



The bad thing about Scoot is the timing
back from Hong Kong.

Waiting for boarding. The flight have a slight delay.

Wearing my new Converse back to Singapore!

Goodbye Hong Kong, see you next time.
I do enjoy going on short trip by myself. I can go wherever I want, eat whatever time I want.


End of Holiday.

fr: yun

No comments: